
The restoration of a 1969 Mercedes 280sl into everyday transport. It will not be a nut and bolt recreation of the car that left the factory but a rebuild taking advantage of the advances in technology in the four decades since the car was designed. However I want to do this without turning it into a modern car in old bodywork. So where do you start or perhaps more importantly stop with the modifications ?
Well, I've come up with a scenario to be guided by rather than a set of rules . I have an evolving idea of what I want to end up with rather than a plan !

Imagine the car belonged to the same owner from new and as technology advanced he upgraded his car as suitable parts became available. This enthusiastic owner also liked to take his car to the odd hill climb or time trial so anything that might increase the cars performance or handling was particularly attractive. The car was always his daily transport a working machine never a "classic" to be preserved like some historical artifact.
I hope the blog will be a source of information for you and I and therefore welcome all comments suggestions and ideas.
An introduction to the model and all it's variants can be found at these excellent enthusiast sites
http://www.sl113.org
http://pagoda113.com
1 comment:
nice car best of luck restoring it.
Post a Comment