
I do not fall into one camp or the other on this old chestnut. I appreciate both type of cars. I can understand owners who have undertaken holy grail type searches to find that "original" part as much as the one who reinvents the wheel to make a particular modification work.
To me it comes down to the individual car and whatever rings your bell.
In this case the car is the less desirable rear seat/no soft top model and needs considerable bodywork many many new parts and an engine/injection pump rebuild.
There are many examples like it in pristine as new condition and so it's perfect for what I have in mind. As I want to build a lighter car the lack of soft top/frame/compartment already gives me a start over the standard model Pagoda. The fact that so much needs to be replaced or rebuilt means it makes sense to look at alternatives to the original parts fitted.
No comments:
Post a Comment